Hospitality management forms an integral part of many cities within the United States. Many of these cities spend millions of dollars yearly to ensure that their tourism product keeps ahead of the competition. These tourism products are dependent of the natural and man-made resources available in each city. To efficiently manage these resources and professionally cater form their guest, they need the services of qualified hospitality managers who are trained with all pre-requisite skills needed to succeed in the profession. One of the easiest methods of accessing this training is through the pursuit of one of the many cheap online degrees in hospitality management available online.
Cheap Online Hospitality Management Degrees
The final cost of your hospitality management degree depends on various factors. The cost depends on the level of study, profile of the university and the type of employment assistance rendered to graduating students. An analysis of hospitality management degrees based on level of study revealed:
* Associate Degree in Hospitality Management: The associate degree in hospitality management is an introductory course that exposes students to the basic concepts of hospitality management. During this program, students learn regularly used jargons and definitions and the basic operations of hospitality management. This includes methods of accounts, labor relations, cost control, guest relations and entertainment. On average, online associate degrees in hospitality management take a period of 2 years for completion and cost an average of -8000. Payment however can be made monthly.
* Bachelor in Hospitality management: The bachelor in hospitality management is a more in-depth study of the field of hospitality management. Here students delve deep into the various facets that come together for the successful management of a hospitality facility. This includes areas such as cost management, food and beverage management, mediation, lodging management, entertainment and accounts. Most bachelor programs last four years; this however can be reduced through the pursuit of accelerated programs. In general, the bachelor degree in hospitality management requires the completion of 80 to 100 credit hours at an average cost of per credit hour.
* Post Graduate Studies in Hospitality management: At this level, students begin to specialize in specific areas of hospitality management. As a result, studies at this level can be expensive as most of the degree programs take on the form of general management MBA degree programs. During these postgraduate programs, students focus their studies of developing systems that can be implemented to improve hospitality management. As a result the conduct various research and case studies of different types of tourism product and strategies to test their effectiveness and suggest how they can be enhanced. The cost of these post graduate degrees in hospitality management can range from ,000 to 0,000 based on the profile of the university.
Cheap Online Universities for Hospitality Management
Various online universities try to provide cheap alternatives to students who want to pursue a degree in hospitality management. Although their prices may be below average, students still receive the same high quality education received from name brand colleges. Often, these cheap prices are made possible through donations from industry players and government sponsorships. Some of these universities include:
* University of Phoenix
* Columbia Southern University
* Strayer University
* Ashford University
* The Art Institute of Pittsburgh